The Barnegat housing market has continued to have absorption rate neutrality as median sales price of homes continue to rise and homes are selling at about the same pace.
In the Barnegat real estate market, conditions are neutral due to the large increase in available homes for sale compared to this time last year. April 2018 found an increase of new listings, an increase in active listings and an increase of pending (under contract) listings for all residential real estate in Barnegat, according to information obtained from the Monmouth Ocean Regional Multiple Listing Service (MORMLS).
What’s YOUR Barnegat Home Worth? Get a FREE, instant valuation!!
Barnegat Housing Market Update: Year to Date in Comparison to Last Year:
· Absorption Rate: 7.54 Months (shows how long current inventory of properties would last at current rate of sales.)
· Median List Price: Up 12.09%
· Median Sale Price: Up 20.16%
· Median Days on Market: Up 2.33% (number of days on market before property sells)
· Sold Listings: 85, Up 12.3%
· Pending Listings: Up 43.1%
· Active Listings: Up 25.3% (many more houses currently on the market than last year)
· New Listings: Up 16.4% (more homes are coming on the market)
Bottom Line: The above statistics, especially the absorption rate, point to a “neutral market,” with caveats; Sold listings are up so far this year, and pending (homes that have sold, but have not closed yet) are up significantly. Though the number of homes for sale has increased considerably, a lot of those homes are in the new “adult” communities. The median sale price is also up quite signtificantly, which indicates a sellers market, regardless of the amount of homes that have recently been introduced to the market.
Search Barnegat Homes for Sale
Karl Hess & Keller Williams Shore Properties provides expert real estate services to residential buyers and sellers in Barnegat and the surrounding communities. Contact us today for more information on Barnegat Real Estate and for professional assistance navigating this complex home market.
As always, thank you for your time and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Karl Hess, Keller Williams Shore Properties - #1 Real Estate Office in Ocean County